Solar Charge Controllers (MPPT)
Feature highlights common to all models
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions.
- Outstanding conversion efficiency.
- Natural convection cooling.
- Automatic battery voltage recognition.
- Flexible charge algorithm.
- Over temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
Ultra‐fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra‐fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power‐voltage curve.
Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative Victron SmartSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency. No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 99%.
- Suitable for a variety of battery voltages. Most models connect to 12, 24, and 48V batteries, some only connect to 12 and 24V batteries, or only to 48V batteries.
- Charge currents rating from 10A all the way up to 100A.
- Maximum PV array VoC voltages ranging from 75V up to 250V.
- Multiple chargers can be used in parallel, for large systems we recommend to use the models with a VE.Can communication port.
The SmartSolar MPPT RS solar charge controllers are Victron's solution for systems with large series connected PV arrays charging 48V DC battery banks. This product is perfect for large off-grid, and grid connected battery systems.
Available in a 5.76kW and 11.52kW model, features include a wide 80-450 VDC operating solar voltage input, independent tracking inputs, full connectivity, isolated PV connections, display screen, fully programmable battery charging parameters and active cooling.
The new metal case design and fully covered electrical connections improve the safety and modernise the presentation in line with the latest suite of Victron products.